- The Hampshire Hilly 100
- The route has been designed to provide a genuine challenge, and at the same time to take you through some classic English countryside.
(Added: 29-Jul-2007 Hits: 386 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Legbreaker Challenge
- The Legbreaker challenge is a cyclo sportive ride, based entirely in the Staffordshire Moorlands. The routes have been chosen to take you through some of the toughest, most spectacular scenery anywhere in the country.
(Added: 29-Jul-2007 Hits: 564 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Polka Dot Challenge
- The Polka Dot Challenge and the Spud Riley Memorial ride are 100 mile bicycle rides organised on the lines of the classic Italian Gran Fondo events. The Polka Dot starts in South Manchester and covers eight of the major climbs that have featured in famous tours such as the Milk Race, Pru Tour and the Tour of the Peak. As with most Gran Fondos the ride has an “easier” option of 70 miles which includes just four of the climbs. The Spud Riley starts at the same South Manchester venue and also covers 100 miles through Derbyshire and Staffordshire, there is a 54 mile option.
(Added: 29-Jul-2007 Hits: 469 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Sean Kelly Tour
- The Sean Kelly Cycling Tour of Waterford came about because of the desire of the people of Waterford to pay tribute to the name of Sean Kelly in a manner befitting his legendary cycling status. It also came about because of Sean Kelly’s willingness to lend his name to an event which would benefit his own area and his own people. Finally, it came about because of the willingness of local authority and development agencies to come together with the cycling community to plan and deliver this exciting event.
(Added: 25-Jul-2007 Hits: 454 Rating: 10 Votes: 1) Rate It
- The Victor Ludorum Sportives & Audax Series
- The new ‘Victor Ludorum’ individual and team challenges are open to both UK and overseas cyclists. We encourage all levels of cycling abilities to compete by having age categories linked to our Gold/ Silver/Bronze standards.
(Added: 29-Jul-2007 Hits: 428 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Tour of the Black Mountains
- Not only is this an area of outstanding natural beauty with rivers, lakes and mountains in abundance, but is has fantastic climbs on which to challenge yourself, and all on virtually traffic free lanes........it is truly awesome..........Pendragon Sports have teamed up with CC Abergavenny and Welsh Cycling to bring a week long series of events that you can immerse yourself in. Starting with The Tour of the Black Mountains and culminating with the Premier Calendar Grand Prix of Wales..... For you sportive nuts you must also do the Iron Mountain Sportive the following week on Saturday 4th August. Do yourself a favour and take a week off to explore this wonderful corner of the British Isles!
(Added: 29-Jul-2007 Hits: 442 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Trans Cambrian Cyclosportive
- The Cambrian Mountains form the spine of central Wales. With peaks of around 500m-600m, and hidden valleys holding reservoirs of clear water, it is a region of outstanding natural beauty. The winding roads that cross these mountains see a relatively small amount of traffic, making ideal cycling country.
(Added: 29-Jul-2007 Hits: 448 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It