- Cycling the Taff Trail
- The Taff Trail is a multi-purpose Cycle-Trail route between Cardiff Bay in the South and Brecon in the North. A large proportion of the Taff Trail is designated "Traffic Free" which has been achieved by using the routes of former tramways, railways and canal towpaths including the original rights-of-way, embankments, cuttings and viaducts. This website gives a view of the Taff Trail from a cyclist's viewpoint.
(Added: 2-Aug-2004 Hits: 4747 Rating: 9.59 Votes: 177) Rate It
- Drumlanrig Mountain Bike Trail
- Since 2002 Drumlanrig has played host to the National Points Series and Scottish Cross Country Mountain Bike Championships. A Mountain Bike Trail was constructed for these events and is now way-marked for everyone to enjoy. The course is constantly evolving with new sections of singletrack being added to extend the overall distance and add to user enjoyment. Classic woodland singletrack through some of Scotland's finest scenery.
(Added: 20-Feb-2005 Hits: 3282 Rating: 9.86 Votes: 169) Rate It
- Forestry Commission Mountain bike trails in Wales
- Forestry Commission Wales’s five world-class mountain bike centres were opened on March 12, 2003.
Since then their reputation has grown, transforming Wales into a mecca for mountain bike enthusiasts from far and wide, who bring millions of pounds into the Welsh economy every year.
Our trails include purpose-built, waymarked single tracks, gentle family routes and white-knuckle downhill rides – not for the faint-hearted!
(Added: 11-Sep-2006 Hits: 832 Rating: 8.95 Votes: 28) Rate It
- Grizedale Forest Park - Mountain Bike Trail
- A new Mountain Bike Trail for Grizedale has been built. The new North Face trail offers adrenelising sections of single track desent with leg burning up hills, contouring through oak woodlands and conifer forest. This challenging trail also gives the mountain biker tricky board walk sections through meadows yet reward the trail rider with outstanding views along the way.
(Added: 13-Apr-2006 Hits: 1336 Rating: 8.80 Votes: 69) Rate It
- Hadrian's Cycleway
- Hadrian’s Cycleway is a new 170 mile long distance
Coast to Coast cycle route being developed by Sustrans in partnership with Cumbria and Northumberland County Councils, Newcastle City Council and North Tyneside
MBC and is due to be officially opened in July 2006
Silloth & South Shields / Tynemouth...more
(Added: 16-Mar-2006 Hits: 1069 Rating: 9.32 Votes: 82) Rate It
- Isle of Man Mountain Bike Routes
- This guide details seven cycling trails through and over the Island's dramatic countryside, for you to explore. The trails vary in difficulty giving plenty of opportunity for all levels of capability.
(Added: 15-Sep-2006 Hits: 524 Rating: 9.01 Votes: 5) Rate It
- Laggan Wolftrax - mountain bike trails with bite!
- Run with the pack at Laggan Wolftrax! Set in the outstanding natural highland beauty of Strathmashie Forest, Wolftrax provides the thrills of a big-and-bermy blue grade Fun Park, a fast red grade route packed with features and a very technical ‘double diamond’ black grade route for serious mountain bike enthusiasts.
(Added: 11-Sep-2006 Hits: 630 Rating: 9.05 Votes: 24) Rate It
- Llandegla Mountain Bike Trail - Cycle1st Review.
- We ride the new Red Trail at Coed Llandegla....new to Mountain Bikers but now well and truly on the MTB map, with several purpose built circuits, and we give you an idea of what to expect from one of the best new trails in the UK. Includes photos from the saddle, directions, link to maps, Visitor centre details, bike hire details an overview and more...
(Added: 6-Jan-2006 Hits: 2032 Rating: 9.88 Votes: 178) Rate It
- Machynlleth (Mach 1, 2 and 3)
- This route takes you South West out of Machynlleth to the neighbouring village of Derwenlas and along the picturesque Llyfnant Valley. The route returns via the highest point of Bryn Coch Bach, the point where Mach 1, 2 and 3 meet, with a screaming descent back down to Machynlleth....more
(Added: 11-Jun-2006 Hits: 1364 Rating: 9.35 Votes: 92) Rate It
- Machynlleth - The cli-machx route
- The cli-machx is a new trail for 2005 and is sited in the Dyfi forest; home of the Berghaus Dyfi Enduro.
It's a 15km round trip, with 9km of built single track with compressions and whoops, rock slab drop offs and some beautiful flowing turns.
The last descent is the longest in Wales and features rocky jumps; watch out for the 'eye of the needle'; a huge jump with a narrow landing between two trees on the other side....more
(Added: 11-Jun-2006 Hits: 1373 Rating: 9.27 Votes: 91) Rate It
- Mainthing MTB Routes
- Mainthing detail Mountain Biking routes and Trails in the UK and MTB specific Holidays. The described routes on this site are a record of rides that have been done. It is not guaranteed that the described routes are fully on legal rights of way. Riders wishing to follow the routes are advised to check the current legality of them.
(Added: 12-Oct-2003 Hits: 1503 Rating: 9.31 Votes: 126) Rate It
- MBRUK (aka Mountain Bike Routes UK) has been providing top dog mountain bike route guides in the UK for nearly 20 years. From the original and legendary Coast-to-Coast multi-day tour to a half-day loop in Devon, each one tells you everything you need to know to just get out there and ride!
(Added: 6-Feb-2008 Hits: 462 Rating: 9.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Mountain Biking on Cannock Chase
- The home of Mountain Biking Trails and Routes on Cannock Chase, Staffordshire with information on events, Trail Building, Cross Country, Downhill, Leisure Membership, a Gallery and of course the Follow the Dog Trail.
(Added: 15-May-2005 Hits: 1786 Rating: 8.75 Votes: 105) Rate It